Welcome to M2M One’s July Newsletter – We’re back in the office after a fantastic 3 days at this year’s ASIAL Security Expo, the sheer amount of security applications now utilizing wireless technology is staggering. We’ve been talking to people about connecting everything from cameras, alarm panels & vehicles to guards, dogs and even livestock.
This month we invite you to join us for an IoT workshop and conference on emerging and disruptive technologies at Convergence 003, show you some alerting & automation features available in the M2M Control Centre, show you some highlights from ASIAL, spotlight an emerging connectivity solution in SIGFOX and as always, we remind customers that Telstra will be shutting down their 2G network on 1st of December 2016.
This month’s newsletter features:
- Trade Event – Convergence 003
- M2M Control Centre – Alerts & Notifications
- Highlights – Security 2016 Photo Gallery
- Product Spotlight – SIGFOX/Thinxtra Radio Modules
- Customer Reminder – Telstra 2G (GSM) 900MHz Shutdown
1. Trade Event – Convergence 003
M2M One are excited to be exhibiting our range of connectivity solutions for wireless M2M/IoT devices at Convergence 003 taking place at University of Sydney in The Refectory on Thursday the 15th of September 2016 – Click here for more
In addition to exhibiting M2M one will be participating in a Co-Creation workshop for The Internet of Things alongside SIGFOX, Thingworx and IBM – more details below:
Internet of Things Co-creation Workshop
This workshop will bring together some of the regions’ leading IoT subject matter experts (SME’s), enabling top technology executives (CTO, CIO, Head of Digital, Head of Technology, Head of IT, etc) from a broad range of industries to find ways to maximise value by integrating IoT in their business offering.
Using Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas frameworks to gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities that exist right now, as well as the steps needed to design a new business idea. The workshop will have tangible real world outcomes that include:
- Experience succinct case studies from leading IoT service providers, including M2M One, Thingworx, Thinxtra/SIGFOX
- Work alongside the industry leaders to design and shape real and innovative business ideas Identify what your own customers
- Learn a little of the power of the Design Thinking and Business Model Canvas frameworks to quickly identify powerful ideas
- Walk away with an understanding of the IoT landscape, opportunities and best of breed contacts to help roll-out your ideas
To register for the workshop and the Convergence event please visit – http://convergence.events/
2. M2M Control Centre – Alerts & Notifications
The M2M Control Center is currently going through some changes in the way it manages and distributes alerts on SIM card and Data usage, the customer facing version of these alerts are in the process of being decommissioned with a new system replacing them in late 2016.
As an interim solution M2M One will need to set-up any alert and monitoring activity on behalf of customers – M2M One can currently set up rules based on the following:
- Data, SMS & Voice Usage in a month or within 24 hours an individual SIM
- Change of SIM Status (Test Ready, Activated, Deactivated, etc)
- Change of IMEI Number
- No connection within a specific period
- Daily Digest of Pooled Data Usage & Allowance per Rate Plan
Using automation rules and alerts are free of charge for all customers and can be set up at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Highlights – Security 2016 Photo Gallery
M2M One had a great time participating in Security 2016 this year at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, 20-22 July 2016. We look forward to seeing you in Darling Harbour for next year’s event!
In the meantime, you can view our photo gallery from the event on our blog.
4. Product Spotlight – SIGFOX/Thinxtra Radio Modules
SIGFOX Ultra Narrow Band High Power RF Module For Au/NZ Now Available
Radiocrafts have launched their new RC1692HP-SIG module, the first SIGFOX module designed and
pre-certified for the AU/NZ/US market standard. This is one of the first hardwares available to support a new generation of narrow-band IoT technologies and is ideal for developers interested in low power wide area communications.
Developer modules are now available from M2M Connectivity
M2M One will be working closely with local SIGFOX licensee Thinxtra to provide air-time tokens for access to the Australian SIGFOX network – For more information please contact email@example.com
5. Reminder – Telstra 2G 900MHz Shutdown
M2M One would like to continue to remind customers that Telstra will discontinue their 2G/GSM 900MHz network on the 1st of December 2016. This will impact all M2M One customers utilising 2G/GSM only hardware in Australia.
You can view our official notification here
M2M One customers with 2G devices have the opportunity to utilise 3G and soon, 4G LTE. All M2M One SIM cards are compatible with the Telstra 2G, 3G (and soon) 4G network, so you will not need to physically change any SIM cards from M2M One.
M2M One customers affected by the shut down of Telstra’s 2G/GSM network who are looking for solutions/alternatives for their 2G/GSM devices are advised to contact a 3G/4G LTE device vendor.
Please read M2M One’s notification of the shutdown if you haven’t already.
You can also read our blog on the Australian 2G Shutdown